I made a strawberry cake with strawberries inside soft cream. I baked one pink sheet and used it underneath, then I covered the other sheet with dough and glued it on the outside of the cake. The cross section of the strawberry that you can see when you cut it is so beautiful that it’s almost as if your eyes are sucked in. The strawberry is on the pointed side, so when I made it, it looked like boiled eggs. If the strawberry was small, I think it would be more rounded.
Mold size 6 pieces 18cm
3 chicken eggs
3g vanilla extract
25 g unsalted butter
85g soft flour
3g strawberry powder
200g fresh cream
200g cream cheese
1. Place a bowl of eggs over the pot of boiling water, add sugar and vanilla extract and mix well.
2. Continue stirring increase the temperature to about 40 degrees and lower the bowl.
3. Place the bowl of milk and butter on top of the pot and increase the temperature to about 60 degrees.
4. Beat eggs at high speed to form a smooth and thick foam.
5. Sift in flour and strawberry powder and mix well, then add some flour and coloring in a bowl containing milk and butter, mix well.
6. Put the dough into the bowl, mix well, pour into the baking tray, put in the oven at 175 degrees Celsius for about 28 minutes.
7. After cooling, thinly slice the brown skin underneath and cut into 2 pieces 1.5 cm high.
8. Cut with a 7 cm cutter into 6 sheets, 3 sheets per sheet.
9. Cut off the burnt edge and sift the paper through a sieve to make a powder.
cream cheese cream
10. Add sugar to whipped cream about 70-80%.
11. Add cold cream cheese and whip to form a thick cream and place in a piping bag.
12. Squeeze the cream onto the cake pan, place the strawberries on top, then squeeze the cream and wrap.
13. Beat the cream and press the cake plate through the sieve to attach.