Maybe the recent winter weather has made me crave chocolate desserts. So I made a chocolate banana cake with a banana filling, one of chocolate’s best friends. Praline is a paste made with caramelized hazelnuts. I mix it with chocolate, because I don’t like eating chocolate alone. I ended up with a taste that was super familiar, I would say Nutella was richer.
Cake diameter 20.5cm
120g cake flour, 20g almond flour, 50g powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
67g unsalted butter
• Almond ice cream
30g almond flour
5g cake powder
• Chestnut ganache
150g double cream A
75g milk chocolate
75g dark chocolate
• Chocolate Chantilly Ice Cream
100g praline ganache
200g double cream BEAUTY
5~6 bananas or as many as you like
200g double cream C
Some cocoa powder or chopped chocolate
1. Place all tart shell ingredients except eggs in a food processor and mix.
2. Once the mixture has solidified, add the eggs and continue mixing.
3. Cover the finished tart shell dough in cling film or a plastic bag and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
4. Take out the dough and roll it to 3mm thin.
5. Line the dough into the tart pan and form the edges.
6. In a mixing bowl, beat butter until soft, at room temperature.
7. Add sugar, eggs, almond flour and pastry flour in the above order and mix well.After adding the eggs, use a spatula to mix well to avoid air bubbles. Sift the almond flour and pastry flour before mixing to avoid lumps.
8. Add praline to this mixture and mix well. (*optional)
9. Put the pistachio filling in the ice cream bag and line the bottom of the shell
10. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 25 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
12. In a small saucepan, heat double cream A to about 90°C, before bringing to a boil.
13. Turn off the heat and mix the dark chocolate and milk.
14. Finally, mix in the praline.
15. When the finished ganache has cooled to about 40°C, pour and fill the tarts.
16. Place large pieces of banana on top of the ganache.
17. In another bowl, beat double cream B to about 50% firmness. Ganache will harden the cream, so only beat to about 50% done.
18. Add and mix well 100g ganache, let cool to body temperature.
19. Make the finished chocolate ice cream in the shape of a dome.
20. In a bowl, beat double cream C and sugar to stiff peaks.
21. Cover the chocolate dome with whipped cream so you don’t see the chocolate anymore.
22. Finish with chopped chocolate.