I made a marzipan that feels softer than a macaroons. The dough is thick with chocolate and mixed with meringues so the texture is soft. Sponge marzipan has its own charm, but the light chocolate cake is also soft and delicious to eat. If you put it in the fridge, you can enjoy a more intense flavor.
♥ Mold size : 16cm
150g couverture dark chocolate
55g unsalted butter
100g warm milk
4 egg yolks
55 g baking powder
25g cocoa powder
2g baking powder
4 Egg whites
1. Place the bowl containing the dark chocolate and butter over a pot of hot water and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
2. Use a spatula to stir until dissolved, then add sugar and salt, mix well and remove from the pot.
3. Add the egg yolks and mix well, then add the milk and mix well.
4. Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix well.
5. Divide 3 parts sugar into egg whites to make meringues with soft horny layers.
6. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the chocolate mixture and mix well, then add the remaining 1/2 of the meringue and mix well.
7. Pour all the chocolate mixture into the meringue bowl and mix well.
8. Pour into a baking tray, bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 35 minutes, remove and let cool for about 1 hour.