I made a lemon earl gray cake full of the scent of lemon and earl gray. When making milk tea cake, I use whipped cream by steeping tea leaves in cream, put it in a sheet, and taste it in various ways. This time, I made earl gray milk curd just like making lemon curd and mixed it with cream. The earl gray scent in the sheet and cream is subtle, not strong, so I think it goes well with lemon. It is a cake with a combination of lemon and earl gray, so it feels comfortable when you take a bite, so it goes well with simple decorations.
– Mold size : 15cm.
3g Vanilla extract
25g Unsalted butter
3g Earl gray
85g Cake flour
3g Cocoa powder
2 Egg yolks
60g Lemon juice
3g Lemon zest
20g Unsalted butter
30g Condensed milk
2g Vanilla bean paste
160g Warm milk
5g Earl gray
280g Whipping cream
Earl Gray Cake Sheet
1. Put a bowl with eggs on a pot of boiled water and add sugar and vanilla extract.
2. While stirring continuously, raise the temperature until it reaches 40 degrees and remove it from the pot.
3. Place a bowl containing butter and milk on top of the pot and add earl gray.
4. Sift the flour, mix it with a spatula, and remove the bowl containing the butter and milk from the pot.
5. Add a little batter and mix, then add to the main batter and mix evenly.
6. Pour it into an oven pan and beat it to remove large air bubbles and bake in an oven at 175 degrees for about 32 minutes.
7. After cooling, cut into 4 pieces of 1.5 cm.
8. Make lemon zest, squeeze lemon juice, and mix egg yolk, sugar and salt in a pot.
9. Add cornstarch and mix, then add lemon juice, lemon zest and milk and mix.
10. Heat the pot over low heat. (You have to heat it enough so that it doesn’t taste fishy-about 7 to 8 minutes after it starts to boil)
11. Remove from heat, add butter, mix, put on a sieve and put plastic wrap on the top to cool in the refrigerator.
Earl Gray Milk Cream
12. Add condensed milk, vanilla bean paste, and corn starch to a pot and mix.
13. Add hot milk (about 60 degrees) and earl gray, mix and leave for 10 minutes.
14. Heat the pot over low heat until thick, strain through a sieve, cover with plastic wrap, and cool in the refrigerator.
15. Mix the cooled lemon curd with a whipper until smooth, then put it into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
16. Add sugar to fresh cream and whip it hard. Mix Earl Gray milk cream with a whipping machine to make it soft.
17. Add to fresh cream and mix to make hard cream.
18. Place the cake sheet on the turning board and sprinkle with sugar syrup. 1 sugar: Boil 5 water and cool it down)
19. Place the whipped cream on top and flatten it, then place the cake sheet on top and sprinkle with sugar syrup.
20. Squeeze fresh cream on the rim, squeeze lemon curd on the inside, and place a cake sheet on top.
21. Sprinkle with sugar syrup, apply whipped cream to flatten, place a cake sheet and sprinkle with sugar syrup.
22. Top with plenty of whipped cream and apply it all over for smooth icing.
23. Decorate the top with whipped cream, lemon curd, and lemon.