If tofu is frozen and then cooked, the soft tofu becomes chewy. Baked in the oven and seasoned with chicken It’s really crispy and delicious like chicken. This is a sauce called Gangjeong, which is different from seasoned chicken. It tastes better when cooled.
600g Frozen tofu
30g (3Tbsp) Cornstarch
30g (3Tbsp) Olive oil (cooking oil available)
6g (1Tbsp) Chili powder
20g (2Tbsp) Sugar
45g (3Tbsp) Corn syrup
12g (1.5Tbsp) Dark soy sauce
5g (0.5Tbsp) Oyster sauce
15g (0.5Tbsp) Ketchup
16g (2Tbsp) Chili oil
2g (1tsp) Garlic powder (can be use minced garlic)
10g (0.5Tbsp) Sugar-free peanut jam (can be omitted)
✤ Garnish (optional)
1 Chili pepper
– You can also do it in an air fryer.
– If you don’t have an oven, bake them crispy in a frying pan.
– If you freeze the tofu and remove the moisture, the amount will decrease. With 600g, it comes out in just one dish.
1. 600g Frozen tofu. After freezing and thawing tofu, squeeze out the water, tear into bite-sized pieces. Put the cut tofu in a plastic bag, 30g (3Tbsp) Cornstarch. After spreading the starch evenly, 30g (3Tbsp) Olive oil (cooking oil available), shake again to coat the oil.
2. Then spread on an oven pan. Transfer to an oven preheated to 220°C (428°F). Bake for 15 minutes at 220°C (428°F) (depending on your oven specifications). Tip, flip once in the middle. If you don’t have an oven, bake in a skillet, the outside is hard but crispy
3. 6g (1Tbsp) Chili powder, 20g (2Tbsp) Sugar, 2g (1tsp) Garlic powder (can be use minced garlic), 15g (0.5Tbsp) Ketchup, 12g (1.5Tbsp) Soy sauce, 5g (0.5Tbsp) Oyster sauce, 10g (0.5Tbsp) Sugar-free peanut jam, 45g (3Tbsp) Starch syrup, 16g (2Tbsp) Chili oil.
4. Pour the sauce into the pan, cook over low heat for 20-30 seconds. Add tofu, mix it up quickly. Powdered peanuts (optional), 1 Chili pepper. Add the topping ingredients when adding the tofu (I forgot . Stir-fry for 20-30 seconds and turn off the heat.