Very fluffy and easy! Don’t need to buy buns anymore! Red bean buns. Very fluffy and soft, my kids’ favorite, basically make it once a week.
240ml (1 cup) Milk
6g (1/2 tbsp) Yeast
25g (2 tbsp) Sugar
450g (3 cup) All-purpose flour/wheat flour
3g (1/2 tsp) Salt
Red bean paste
Steam for about 12 minutes
1. 6 grams (1/2 tablespoon) yeast, add to 240 ml (1 cup) milk, 25 grams (2 tablespoons) of sugar. Mix well, 450 grams (3 cups) all-purpose flour/wheat flour, 3 grams (1/2 teaspoon) salt. Pour in the milk yeast mixture, mix into dough. Knead the dough by hand.
2. Transferring to the mat to knead the dough smoothly. The dough will also become very white after kneading smoothly, it takes about 10 minutes to knead. Knead the dough smoothly and then round it up. Put the dough in a bowl, cover it and let it rise for about 1 hour.
3. After 1 hour the dough is ready for fermentation, transfer the dough to a mat and vent it. Roll the dough into long strips, divide into 16 parts. Knead each portion of dough. After the last dough is rounded, take out the first dough.
4. Sprinkle flour on it to prevent it from sticking, roll out the dough into a round dough sheet. Put on the red bean paste. Start pinching up from one side, the willow leaf bun is very easy to wrap this way. The wrapped buns are placed in the steamer. Keep doing this to finish wrapping all the buns.
5. Put them all in the steamer and let them ferment. Cover and let it ferment for about 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, the dough is ready to ferment. Steam the dough for about 12 minutes after the water boils.. Turn off the heat and simmer for 5 minutes before removing the lid.