I made an apple pie with a delicious texture! It’s the same as the apple pie pattern that is often made, but when making the pattern, turn the cut section sideways so that the top side is visible and bake it, so the pie texture is alive and pretty. Baked tarts filled with apples are wrapped and baked with shaped dough, so it feels different again. I boiled down the apples to give them a chewy texture, but it would be nice to adjust the size to suit your taste. To keep the apple peeling shape when cut, you can add a little cornstarch while boiling the apples.
– Mold size : 15cm
100g Cold water
280g Cake flour
190g Cold unsalted butter
40g Maple syrup
2g Cinnamon powder
15g Lemon juice
1. Remove the skin of the apples and chop them into small pieces and put them in a pot.
2. Place over medium-low heat and boil with sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon powder.
3. Boil while stirring occasionally, and when it is almost gone, add lemon juice and boil a little more.
4. Remove from heat and cool at room temperature, then cool in the refrigerator.
5. Dissolve salt in cold water and leave it for a while.
6. Add cold unsalted butter to the flour and mix with a scraper.
7. When the butter becomes small enough to mix beans and rice, add cold water and mix.
8. Put it in a zipper bag, flatten it with a rolling pin, and let it rest in the refrigerator for about an hour.
9. Cut and remove the zipper bag with scissors, spread it wide with a rolling pin, and fold it in 3 sections 4 times.
10. Wrap in plastic wrap and rest in the refrigerator for about an hour.
11. Push the puff pastry out to a slightly thicker thickness and cut it long with a ruler.
12. Place the cut side up and make it into a basket shape.
13. Cut it into a circle about 23 cm long, cover it with plastic wrap, and put it in the refrigerator.
14. Gather the remaining dough after cutting and roll it out.
15. Cut it into a circle about 21 cm long, put it in a 15 cm mousse mold and press it.
16. Pique with a fork, add apple filling and press flat.
17. Bake in a 180 degree oven for 30 minutes and cool.
18. Wrap the pie with basket-shaped puff pastry.
19. Bake in an oven preheated to 210 degrees for about 30 minutes, take it out, and apply starch syrup on the top.