There is chewy cheese between soft bread. It is a castella with good texture and good taste. Taiwanese castella has a texture that is halfway between regular castella and soufflé cake. It’s moist and soft, so it’s really delicious. I explained it in as much detail as possible so that you can make it without failure, so please watch the video closely.
[Width 17cm, Height 7cm]
6 Room temperature eggs
50g (5Tbsp) Vegetable oil (avocado, grapeseed oil..,)
80g (10Tbsp) Milk
50g (5Tbsp) Sugar
30g (2Tbsp) Honey (or 3Tbsp sugar)
1g (2pinches) Salt
80g (8Tbsp) Soft flour
3g (1tsp) Vanilla oil (remove egg smell)
4 slices of cheddar cheese
– Leave eggs at room temperature 1 hour before cooking.
– You can also use unsalted butter instead of vegetable oil.
– You can also use condensed milk instead of honey.
– When putting in the oven, bake it over low heat.
– The core of castella is meringue. Please watch the video carefully.
– Cool and refrigerate before serving. 3 days refrigerated, 1 month frozen
1. 6 Room temperature eggs, separate the egg whites and yolks, 1g (2 pinches) Salt, 3g (1tsp) Vanilla oil, 30g (2Tbsp) Honey (or 3Tbsp sugar). After mixing all the ingredients well, 50g(5Tbsp) Vegetable oil (avocado oil, grapeseed oil, etc.), 80g (10Tbsp) Milk.
2. After heating in the microwave for about 1 minute (based on 700W), pour in the egg mixture. After mixing well, 80g (8Tbsp) Soft flour, sift the flour through a sieve. Stir well so that there are no lumps of flour.
3. Whip the egg whites at low speed, when a lot of small bubbles come up (about 3 minutes), 50g (5Tbsp) Sugar. Add sugar and beat on medium speed, add the sugar in 3 portions. Rotate the bowl to whip evenly (about 5 minutes). If flexible whipping is completed to the extent that the tail bends,whip at low speed for about 1 minute to complete a dense meringue.
4. Add two scoops of meringue to the egg mixture, mix quickly with a whisk. Repeat one more time then. Pour all the egg whites into the meringue, stir quickly with a whisk rather than a spatula. Mix gently, mixed well without lumps. Scrape the floor with a spatula to check for unmixed areas.
5. 17cm wide, 7cm high. Cover the side with cooking foil to prevent tanning (2 layers), after pouring half of the dough. Smash it on the floor and burst a large air bubble, stir with a rod and remove any remaining air bubbles. 4 slices of cheddar cheese (optional). Now pour in all the remaining batter, stir the top surface with a rod to remove air bubbles.
6. Pour hot water into a large mold (about 70℃/158℉). After putting the dough mold. Transfer to an oven preheated to 180°C (356°F). Bake for 60 minutes at 150°C (302°F) (may vary depending on oven specifications). Remove from mold and cool.