300g bread flour
30g melted unsalted butter
130g unsalted butter
1. 150g milk, 6g yeast. Mix well. 35g sugar, 6g salt, 15g eggs, 30g melted unsalted butter, mix well. 300g bread flour, mix with a spatula so that no powder is visible. Knead the dough like folding it about 30 times by hand. I will do this process 3 times . Cover with a plastic bag and refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. Knead again like a fold (30 times) Cover with a plastic bag and refrigerator for 15 minutes. Cover with a plastic bag and leave at room temperature for 20 minutes, after 20 minutes do not throw away the plastic bag yet, wrapped in a plastic bag. Then flatten it out into a square shape. After 30 minutes in the freezer, 30 minutes in the refrigerator (total 1 hour).
3. 130g unsalted butter. Flatten butter straight out of the refrigerator. Wrap the butter in baking paper. Spread it out in a square (about 16x13cm). The hardness is good enough to leave a slight fingerprint when pressed, sprinkle with flour.
4. I will roll out the dough to twice the size of butter, twice the size of butter, put butter on the dough. I’ll pull the dough and wrap butter, seal the butter slab nicely. Press and spread the dough out with a rolling pin, constant thickness. Cut both ends where the butter is uneven. Fold one side about 2/3. Fold the other side so that the ends meet, fold in half again, wrap well. 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. Sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking, roll out the dough again. The dough is a little hard. Fold one side 1/3, cover the other side, 30 minutes in the refrigerator, it’s finally the last. This time, roll out the dough a little, cheer up! almost done roughly 20x26cm. I’ll cut it a bit so you can see the grain on both sides, divide it into 3, divide again into three. Now place the layer face up. After attaching the ends, braid the dough like a braid, place the trimmings at the bottom of the braid.
6. Put it in the loaf pan (about 20x12cm). Until the dough rises to 80% of the loaf pan. Cover with a lid or wrap and ferment for 4-5 hours (25℃~27℃). Before baking, mix 1 egg + 1 tbsp milk and apply. Almonds (optional), remember to place on a tray to bake as some oil might jleak from the loaf pan. 190°C (375°F) for 15 minutes in a preheated oven. Cover the lid with aluminum foil. Cover with lid and 190℃(375℉) 20~23min, it’s so perfect. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.