This post about a peach cake.Literally, the cake is the peach itself. The base made of pistachios goes well with peaches. You will love the savory and elegant taste of pistachio with peach flavor. At the end of the video, you can see how to make pistachio paste, so please don’t miss it. If you make it, you can use it for macaron filling, ,mousse, buttercream, and pound cake etc.
♥︎Simmered Peach compote
30g lemon juice
300 g of water
1 cinnamon stick (4 cm)
♥︎ Pistachio base (15cm round pan)
30g pistachio paste
30g almond powder
15g cake flour
0.5g baking powder
90g peach compote
♥︎ Pistachio Nougat
40g minced pistachios (I used raw pistachios)
30g heavy cream
♥︎ Peach Jelly (12cm Mousse Ring)
70g peache compote, finely diced
70g Peach compote syrup
♥︎ Peach Mousse
200g peach compote
100g plain yogurt
100g cream cheese
150g whipped cream
3g vanilla bean paste
♥︎ Peach Veil
280g peach compote
4g agar agar
♥︎ Pistachio Paste
250g raw pistachios
Hot water for soaking pistachios (just boiled water)
100g vegetable oil (add 50g in two divided portions)
Tool: food processor
1. I prepared firm peaches, slice the peaches approximately 2.5 cm thick. Cut each peeled peach slice in half. Add the peach skin and cook until it turns red. When it starts to boil, simmer for 3 minutes, be careful as the peaches will shrivel if cooked too long. Add water and boil for 2 more minutes. Adding cinnamon sticks makes it even tastier. Pour into a bottle and cool to room temperature.
2. Next, make peach jelly, a syrup from peach compote, dissolve the soaked and drained gelatin. Dice peach compote into small pieces, add peaches, mix and cool. Pour it in a mousse ring with a cling wrap on the bottom. Harden in the refrigerator for 2 hours and then freeze.
3. Make the pistachio base. You will see how to make pistachio paste at the end of the video. Use soften butter and pistachio paste at room temperature. Add sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Mix thoroughly while adding eggs. Sift all the powdered ingredients through a sieve and mix well. Remove the water from the peach compote with a paper towel. Place peach on the batter, meanwhile, finely chop the pistachios.
4. Put the cream, butter and sugar in a pan and when it boils, add the pistachios. Fry over medium heat to make pistachio nougat. Turn off the heat when the moisture evaporates. After 12 minutes, remove the base from the oven. Top it with pistachio nougat. Bake for another 3 minutes. When completely cooled, wrap in cling film and refrigerate.
5. Blend until totally smooth, add sugar to the pureed peach and heat. Bring to boil, add soaked gelatin and melt, add plain yogurt and mix well. Gently loosen the cream cheese at room temperature. Add a little of peach yogurt mixture and mix, add all the rest and mix. Semi-whip heavy cream until it forms very soft peaks. Mix in semi-whipped cream to the peach mixture in two times.
6. The bottom of this mousse ring is covered with cling wrap. the 6.5cm high mousse film is wrapped on side. Pour a half of the peach mousse into the mousse ring. Set inside the peach jelly insert and press it gently and slightly down so that it is almost submerged in the mousse. Cover the peach jelly with remaining peach mousse. The pistachio base was trimmed to a diameter of 14cm. The syrup is filtered through a fabric to remove fine pulp particles. I added a little pink food coloring to the peach syrup.
7. Add agar powder to the syrup and boil. It cannot be substituted by gelatin. Add sugar and continue to boil for 1 minute. Place a 1mm thick transparent silicone mat or teflon sheet on the oven pan. Pour in the hot peach syrup. After pouring it not thicker than 1~2 mm, harden it at room temperature. When it hardens, put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, cut out a circle with a ⌀20 cm mousse ring. Cover the jelly with acetate film and let it sit for a while.
8. Remove the silicone mat. Mix lemon and water 1:1 and apply to the peach. It slows down browning, a pretty peach cake with a pink veil. Flavorful peach jelly, sweet and creamy peach mousse, and the base with pistachios are fantastic matches. It is really satisfying to eat the freshness and the savory together. Even the pink veil exudes a peach flavor.