Don’t throw away your expired yogurt! Teach you a new way to make fluffy and soft doughnuts.
1. Yogurt cream
80g (0.4 cup) Sugar
100g Plain yogurt
30g (4 tbsp) Cornstarch
60g (1/4 cup) Heavy whipping cream
200g Plain yogurt
300g (2 cups) All purpose flour/wheat flour
145g (0.6 cup) Milk
3g (1 tsp) Instant yeast
3g (1/2 tsp) Salt
40g (3 tbsp) Sugar
30g (2 tbsp) Unsalted butter
Oil temperature is about 160°C (320°F)
1. 1 egg, beaten in a bowl, 80 grams (0.4 cup) sugar. Mix well, 100 grams plain yogurt, mix well, 30 grams (4 tablespoons) corn starch, mix well, 60 grams (1/4 cup) whipping cream, pour into pan, 200 grams plain yogurt, added to the pan.
2. Heat on medium-low heat, then pour in the egg mixture. Stir while heating. Finally it will be ready when it reaches this thick state. Take it off the heat, cover it with plastic wrap against the surface and let it cool.
3. 1 egg, beaten in a bowl, 145 grams (0.6 cup) milk, 3 g (1 teaspoon) yeast, 3 grams (1/2 teaspoon) salt, 40g (3 tablespoons) sugar. Mix well, 300g (2 cups) all-purpose flour/wheat flour. Mix into dough, then hands knead evenly, no dry flour visible.
4. Transfer the dough to the mat and spread it out, 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter. Wrap the butter with the dough and knead it into the dough. The middle will become sticky, continue kneading until the surface is smooth. You can also beat the dough so that it becomes smooth quickly. Round it up and put it in a bowl to ferment for about 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, the dough has fermented very well, exhaust the dough, divide into 12 parts. Knead each portion of dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough relax for 15 minutes.
6. Take out the yogurt filling and stir it, put the yogurt filling into a laminating bag. After 15 minutes, take out the dough. Roll it out long, then turn it over and arrange it into a rectangular piece of dough. Roll it out larger. Press the closed side thin. Squeeze on the yogurt filling. Wrap it up, set aside when done.
7. After making 12 parts in this order, it is best to take out the first one after the last one and roll it a little longer. Roll one end flat and wrap the other end. This way a doughnut is ready. When done, dip it in water and then put it inside the breadcrumbs and wrap it in a layer of breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet and let it rise for about 40 minutes.
8. After 40 minutes, the doughnuts have fermented. Heat the pan on medium heat and add cooking oil. If you don’t have a thermometer, use chopsticks to test the oil temperature and make dense bubbles around the chopsticks. Put in the fermented doughnuts. Turn over immediately after putting in. Fry on one side until golden brown then flip over. Fry until both sides are golden brown and then you can take them out of the pan.