This time, I made a Cherry crate cake filled with cherries. I saw a strawberry cake on the other’s blog. It seemed like a lot of fun, so I wanted to do something similar. Genoise topped with chocolate ganache. The taste is absolutely delightful. I made shortbread cookies and glued them together to make them look like a crate. This recipe for shortbread cookies has been tested over and over again.
It has been very successful.
zest of 1 lemon
30g of water
270g cherries, seeded
20g lemon juice
6g Kirsch (Cherry Liqueur)
♥︎ Shortbread Cookies
170g soft flour
25g almond powder
70g sugar powder
85g cold butter
1 g salt
2g vanilla extract
♥︎ White Chocolate Whipped Cream
50g white chocolate
90g hot heavy cream
2g vanilla bean paste
270g heavy cream
♥︎ Chocolate Genoise ( Square Pan : 19 x 19 cm)
105g soft flour
20g cocoa powder
7g vanilla extract
♥︎ Dark Chocolate Ganache
45g dark chocolate
45g hot whipped cream
⭐︎ Pour the warmed cream over the dark chocolate, wait 1 minute, and then slowly stir from the center to completely melt the chocolate.
Decorative biophysics, parchment paper, jasmine leaves, pastiage flowers
1. First, boil the lemon zest in a small amount of water to brew the zest flavor. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat, add sugar and lemon juice to the cherries, add lemon zest water. filter the zest. Bring to a boil, stirring gently to prevent the cherries from sticking. When it starts to boil, simmer for 30 seconds and then remove from the heat. Immediately cover with parchment paper and allow to cool.
2. When the compote has cooled, add cherry liqueur and mix. It is recommended to add Kirsch for the better taste. Then, cover with a lid and rest in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Make shortbread cookie dough with a food processor. Mix the powdered ingredients first. Add the cold butter cut into cubes and blend. It became like sand. As soon as it forms the dough, stop immediately. Divide the dough in half. Place the dough between parchment paper or Teflon sheets and roll out to a thickness of 3mm. After rolling out doughs, put them in the freezer to harden for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, make the white chocolate whipped cream. Add the white chocolate to the hot heavy cream and melt it completely. Add the heavy cream, which is not too cold, little by little, and mix thoroughly. Put it in the freezer until it has the thin ice on the edge of the cream . Cut the cookie dough. Depending on the room temperature, the dough would become soft easily. For easy work, often, put it in the freezer and make it hard.
5. Place a perforated silicon mat on a perforated pan or oven sheet and place the dough. The perforated silicon mat will help the cookies not spread too much while they are baking in the oven. Place on pan and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before baking. Then bake in oven preheated to 180 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. After 6 minutes of baking, turn the pan back and forth to get even brown color. You will also need 4 small triangles. Do not bake this with large cookies. Bake them for 5-6 minutes. If necessary, lightly pile with lemon zest until the sides of the cookies are straight. Make sure the side and height are matched . You need two 1.5 cm thick square genoise sheets.
7. Cut two sheets of Genois equally to the size of 12x18cm. It is better when the size of sheet is slightly smaller than the cookies. It seems to fit well. Take out the cherry compote you made the day before. It became a sweet and sour compote in a really vivid and pretty red.
8. Drain the cherries. Use the remaining syrup to moisten Genoise. Soak enough cherry compote syrup to the sheet. This syrup is really good. Whip the prepared white chocolate heavy cream when it has thin ice.
9. Whip until stiff peak. Apply thin line with melted white chocolate (for coating) and stick. The perforated mat marked part faces outward. Fill the corners with the remaining whipped cream. Fill the center with dark chocolate ganache.