I made a pudding with a different texture by baking a sweet and savory custard. When the crispy, soft custard is baked, the outside has a roasted flavor and slightly hardens, which is good enough to eat with your hands. Adding more cheddar cheese makes the flavor stronger and the color looks pretty. I divided them into cups and hardened them and then baked them, but you can harden them all at once in a large mold and cut them with a knife.
▶About 5 servings.
2 Egg yolks
70g Condensed milk
2g Vanilla extract
40g Corn starch
400g Warm milk
20g Unsalted butter
36g Slice cheddar cheese
1. Prepare a container with a thin layer of vegetable oil.
2. Add sugar to egg yolk and mix, then add condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix, then add cornstarch and mix.
3. Add a little milk and mix well, then add the rest of the milk, mix, and heat over low heat.
4. Continue to stir with a hand whisk while heating. When it thickens, stir quickly and when it becomes smooth, remove from the heat.
5. Add cheddar cheese, mix well, add unsalted butter, mix evenly, place in a bowl, cover with cling film, and harden in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Take out the hardened custard, put it on the oven pan, apply the egg yolk evenly, and bake it in the oven at 190 degrees for 20 minutes.
7. It is very soft right after baking, so let it cool for about 20 minutes before moving.