It’s a magical recipe that you can make the tart dough very easily and quickly.
Tart dough: 18cm round
65g unsalted butter
Pinch of salt (0.5g)
2 egg yolks
25g unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
50g unsalted butter (room temperature)
1. Mix the softened butter and sugar, for sugar, please use fine-grained granulated sugar. Add flour and mix. You can use any kind of mold. It doesn’t have to be for a tart. The dough can be used as it is without being chilled. I wrapped the spoon in plastic wrap to prevent it from sticking.
2. And now, all you have to do is that baking in the oven. Let it cool as it is.
3. Make a cream for tart, this is pastry cream with butter, add 1/3 sugar to milk and the rest to egg yolk, mix egg yolk, sugar, flour and cornstarch.
4. Heat milk to about 80°C, continue heating for 30 seconds after boiling. When heating the cream thoroughly, it will soften, add cold butter. Wrap the cream as soon as posslible. Cool it to room temperature. I will add butter later.
5. Make the butter softened for the cream. Mix the cream and bring to room temperature. Please note that if the cream is cold, the butter will harden. If the cream is too cold, heat it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds. If the cream is soft, chill it in the refrigerator.
6. You can use not only strawberries but also your favourite fruits. Please put it in the refrigerator and cool it before eating. The freshly made tart dough is very crispy. Personally, I prefer the slightly moist tart the next day.