Never had such a delicious chocolate cake! Crispy on the outside and creamy and moist on the inside!
1. Chocolate cake
80ml (1/3cup) Milk
70ml (1/3cup) Oil
65g (1/2cup) Cake flour
30g (4tbsp) Cocoa powder
2g Lemon juice
65g (1/3cup) Sugar
2. Chocolate cream
50g (1/3cup) Chocolate
12g (1tbsp) Sugar
50g (1/4cup) Whipping cream
200g (1cup) Whipping cream
150g (1cup) Chocolate
50g (4tbsp) Coconut oil
40g (1/4cup) Chopped nuts
Cake pan size: 25x40cm
1. 80 ml (1/3 cup) milk, 70 ml (1/3 cup) oil. Stir well to fully emulsify the oil, so that the final mixture resembles the texture of yogurt, 65 grams (1/2 cup) of cake flour, 30 grams (4 tablespoons) cocoa powder add it through a sieve. Mix well.
2. 6 eggs, separating egg yolk and egg white, add 6 egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Mix well. 6 egg whites with a few drops of lemon juice, whip first on medium-high speed. When large fish-eye bubbles appear, add 1/3 sugar, total 65 grams (1/3 cup) of sugar is needed. Continue to whip on medium-high speed and add 1/3 of the sugar when small fish-eye bubbles appear. Continue to whip on medium-high speed and add 1/3 sugar when visible lines appear. Turn to medium-low speed and whip until neutral to wet peaks form.
3. Add some of the meringue to the chocolate mixture and mix well, then pour back into the meringue and mix well. This is the state of the mixture.
4. Pour the cake batter into a baking pan lined with a baking mat, the size of the baking pan is 25x40cm, smooth the surface, then lightly shake twice to remove large air bubbles. Put in the middle of a .preheated oven and bake at 160°C (320°F) for 25 minutes. Take out of the oven, cover with a sheet of greaseproof paper and let cool.
5. 50 grams (1/3 cup) of chocolate, 12 grams (1 tablespoon) sugar, 50 grams (1/4 cup) whipping cream. Microwave for about 1 minute, stir well to melt the chocolate, stir well and leave to cool.
6. 200 grams (1 cup) whipping cream, whip until a little line appears, add the cold chocolate mixture you just made. Whipped is the chocolate cream, whipped a little stiffer, so that the cream support better.
7. Remove the baking mat, cover with a larger parchment paper, turn over and remove the parchment paper. Cut off four edges, one of the short edges is cut at an angle of 45 degrees.
8. Put on the chocolate cream and smooth it out with a spatula. With the help of a rolling pin, roll up from one end and form a cylinder, refrigerate for 1 hour after done.
9. 150 grams (1 cup) of chocolate, 50 grams (4 tablespoons) coconut oil. Heat the chocolate and coconut oil over hot water to melt, stirring helps them to melt quickly, then remove from the hot water. 40 grams (1/4 cup) chopped nuts, mix well and let cool a little.
10. Take out the chilled cake and remove the parchment paper, when the chocolate glaze is about 30°C, start the glazing. Cover the cake roll with the chocolate glaze, refrigerate for 1 hour then you can enjoy! Remember to dip the knife in the hot water before cutting, otherwise the cake will break easily when you cut it. Wow, it’s so tempting, if you can’t finish it, you can seal it and refrigerate or freeze it.