I made strawberry custard with choux baked in a muffin pan that looked delicious. I cut off the puffy top of the choux and added the Strawberry Diplomat and the strawberries in it. Strawberries are either whole or chopped for a better texture and richer taste than a creamy choux. It still tastes good even if you leave it hard enough in the fridge and eat it cold. If you don’t put the muffin paper cups in the muffin pan and just bake them, the sugar will move freely and bake and the shape will get distorted, so you have to use muffin cups to get a nice shape. It puffs up a lot, so I think I need to put in less flour than I thought it would to bake a good cake.
About 4 servings
2 egg yolks
3g vanilla powder
200g hot milk
35g unsalted butter
35g soft flour
20 g unsalted butter
30g soft flour
55 g eggs
260g milk cream
130g fresh cream about 50% +13g sugar
1. Put egg yolks and sugar in a pot, mix well, add cornstarch and mix well, then add vanilla and mix well.
2. Pour in hot milk little by little, mix well, reduce heat, stir and cook until thickened, then cover with cling film and let cool.
3. Gently beat the unsalted butter, add the sugar, mix, sift in the flour, mix well, form into balls, spread out and let firm in the refrigerator.
4. Put unsalted butter, water, milk and salt in a pot and cook until the butter is melted, then remove, sift flour and mix well.
5. Reduce heat and sauté for about 1 minute until the dough is glossy and has a thin film on the bottom, then transfer to another bowl to cool.
6. Divide the beaten eggs into 2 or 3 times, mix well, put in a piping bag and place in the oven.
7. Take out the hardened cake, put in the mold, cover with choux powder, bake in the oven 190 degrees (200 degrees for 20 minutes) bake for about 25 minutes and then let it cool.
8. Put custard cream through a sieve into whipping cream about 50%, mix well, add chopped strawberries and mix well to form cream.
9. Cut a bit of the top of the cookie dough, remove the inner film, add the cream, add the whole strawberries and add the cream.