I made a square cherry buttercream cake decorated with delicious cherries. I baked the sheet pink to match the cherries and used two creams, white and pink. I put cherry jam in the pink cream, but the jam I used included cherries so I cut them into small pieces. I made it into a square to make it cute to match the cherry, but it’s nice because it feels different. Buttercream is good because it hardens when refrigerated, so it doesn’t lose its shape when cut. I think the flavors of soft buttercream and cherry go well together.
♥ Mold size: 16.5cm
100 g sugar
2g vanilla extract
35g unsalted butter
120g soft flour
Red food coloring
300g unsalted butter
300g powdered sugar
85g fresh cream
6g vanilla extract
Cherry Jam 85g
1. Put an egg in a pot of hot water, add sugar, honey and vanilla and stir until it reaches 40 degrees.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat until foamy, then add red food coloring and mix well to create color, sift flour and mix well.
3. Put a little cake flour in a bowl mixed with unsalted butter and milk (temperature 50-60 degrees) mix well, put in the main bowl of flour, mix well, pour into a 16.5cm square mold, put in a bowl. Bake it in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for about 40 minutes.
4. Let the cake pan cool, cut off the top, cut into 3 pieces and trim the edges.
5. Unsalted butter until soft at room temperature, add powdered sugar in 3 parts, beat until creamy, then add fresh cream and vanilla extract and beat just enough for at least 5 minutes until thickened.
6. Put about 1/3 of the cream in the ice cream bag, put some cherry jam and red food coloring in the rest, mix well to make the cherry ice cream and then put it in the ice cream bag.
7. Squeeze 2 types of cream on one cake in turn and then place another sheet on top. Repeat 1 more time.
8. Apply cherry cream on the outside and top, alternating cream and cherries on the top edge.