Today I made fruit roll cake with fresh yogurt cream. Honestly, finding good strawberries in America is not easy. Although the sugar content of the fruit is a bit low, it is still very delicious when made into a cake like this. It’s a combination of soft biscuits and whipped cream, so I think it goes well with fruit. Try making it by adding different fruits and applying it.
Roll cake 39 cm x 29 cm
155g egg whites
112g egg yolk
1. Add sugar A and vanilla extract to the yolks and whisk.
2. Divide sugar B into the egg whites and beat to form a stiff meringue.
3. Add the meringue to the yolks and mix gently.
4. Divide the flour in half and sift in. Mix gently to avoid air bubbles.
5. Shape the dough diagonally on a pan lined with parchment.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar twice and bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Conventional household oven: Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Even in the same oven, the heat intensity can be different. It can be overcooked even by 1 minute, so judge how done by looking at the baking color of the cookies.
7. Immediately remove the parchment from the side of the baking sheet and let cool until warm.
Yogurt ice cream
250g fresh cream
36g yogurt powder
1. Put sugar, yogurt and yogurt powder into cold cream and beat until stiff peaks.
2. Cut one end of the roll sheet diagonally and spread the cream evenly over the sheet with a spatula.
3. Arrange the three cut fruits in a row and roll them the same way you would roll a gimbap.
4. After firmly fixing with parchment, let it harden in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Preservation: Cakes with fresh fruit do not last long because the state of the fruit changes quickly. It is best to refrigerate and consume within two days.