Hi everybody! Today, I make ‘Coffee Cake’, a long-standing favorite at Starbucks in the US. You might think that ‘coffee cake’ would taste like coffee. Coffee cake refers to a type of cake that goes well with coffee and is eaten with coffee! In the US this is a very common cake that is sold a lot in coffee shops and is often made at home.
For 1 square pan : width 20cm * length each
60g light brown sugar
60g unsalted butter
80g all-purpose flour
6g Ceylon cinnamon
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and rub them together with your fingers until they crumble.
2. Put it in the refrigerator or freezer to cool before using.
96 g unsalted butter
150 g granulated sugar (200g original recipe, I reduced it a bit)
100 g eggs
192g cake flour
5g baking powder
2g baking salt
4g vanilla extract
200g Greek yogurt (can be substituted with sour cream. If you use sour cream, it will be thicker and heavier
1. Lightly beat the softened butter at room temperature with a hand mixer.
2. Add the sugar and salt and mix until the butter turns bright white and puffs up.
3. Add eggs and vanilla extract at room temperature, not cold, in portions.
4. Divide sifted ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda) into 3 batches and alternately mix Greek yogurt into 2 batches. (Dough 1/3 → Yogurt 1/2 → Flour 1/3 → Yogurt 1/2 → Flour 1/3).
5. Put half of the cake batter into the parchment-lined pan first and sprinkle half of the dough evenly over it.
6. Turn all the rest of the dough and place all the remaining crumbs on top.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 170 ℃ (338 ℉) for 40 minutes Convection Oven: Bake at 160 ℃ (320 ).
* Storage: Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 4 days, when frozen, it can be stored for 3 weeks.