Today, I baked potato bread with sausages on top of potato dough. Boiled potatoes are put in mashed dough and the bread is soft and savory. These days, they sell Vienna sausages with sheaths! You can put regular sausage on it, but I think it looks better when it is grilled because it has a sheath. Thinly sliced potatoes were wrapped in sausage and baked, but when the potatoes were dipped in butter and baked, it was delicious to eat just potatoes. Don’t forget to apply unsalted butter as soon as you take it out of the oven, as it adds to the visual and savory taste~! You can change the shape of the bread according to the mold you have at home and bake it. Each oven has different specifications and the baking time and temperature vary depending on the size of the dough. I think it would be good if you can adjust the toast color of the bread. I can’t seem to leave the oven all the time when I bake bread.
– Mold size : 21cm x 16cm
150g Boiled potato
300g Bread flour
5g Dry yeast
30g Unsalted butter
8 Vienna sausages
10g Unsalted butter + a pinch of Salt + Parsley powder
1. Mash the steamed potatoes, add milk, sugar, salt and yeast, mix well, add flour, mix with a spatula, and knead by kneading with your hands.
2. Knead for about 5-7 minutes, add butter, and knead for about 10 more minutes until it becomes smooth. Make a ball and place it in a bowl.
3. Cover the wrap and ferment for about 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size. Take out the dough, remove the gas, and divide it into 8 equal parts.
4. Make a round dough, cover it with cling wrap, and let it ferment in the middle for about 15 minutes.
5. Push the dough with a rolling pin to remove gas, and then roll it into a rectangle, fold both sides, and shape into a cylinder, and pinch the last part well.
6. Put it in a mold, cover it with cling wrap, and ferment for about 40 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
7. Apply milk on the dough and make a long cut, then apply butter+salt+parsley to the sliced potato, then press it together with the Vienna sausage on the bread.
8. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.