Today, I made a strawberry cake that is even more beautiful because the side profile is soft two-tone. I also like sweet strawberries, but I really like strawberries with a slightly sour taste and a bit firm texture. In Korea, where I live, summer strawberries are in full swing. I like the hard, sweet and sour strawberries of summer strawberries. I made a recipe so that you can make delicious strawberry cake using slightly sour strawberries. For those who do not have cake flour, I also wrote a all purpose flour recipe for your reference. You can enjoy this cream cake even more deliciously if you take it out of the refrigerator 20-30 minutes before eating and then enjoy it.
● Cake finished size
[ 16cm(D) * 9cm (height) ]
● Fluffy vanilla sponge cake
[ Mold size : 15cm (D) *7cm (H) ]
85g sugar (1/3 cup+1Tbsp )
a pinch of salt
3ml vanilla extract
10 g Honey (1/2 Tbsp)
30g milk ( 2 Tbsp )
95g cake flour ( 1/2 cup + 3Tbsp)
* ( 85g all-purpose flour + 12g corn starch can be substituted)
30g unsalted butter ( 2 Tbsp)
● Strawberry Syrup
50g water ( 3 Tbsp +1 tsp)
25 g sugar ( 2 Tbsp )
5ml Dijon, Strawberry Liqueur (Lemon juice can be substituted)
● Special Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
4 egg whites ( 140g)
165g sugar ( 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp )
1 g salt
300g unsalted butter ( 1 cup+1/3 cup+1Tbsp )
70g (1/2 cup) white chocolate
10ml Strawberry Liqueur – (2tsp) (Lemon juice can be substituted)
15ml Lemon juice (1Tbsp)
1. First, I’ll make a sponge cake. Eggs were taken out at room temperature in advance for about an hour, beat the eggs well, add sugar and salt. Since it was summer, I reduced the amount of honey. If you do not have honey, substitute the same amount with sugar, add vanilla extract for flavor.
2. Put it on hot water 38C~40C (100F~108F). Whip until volume is increased and ivory color. Whip on low speed for 2-3 minutes. Milk Temperature: 55C ( 130F). Sift the flour in two portions. If you are using all-purpose flour, there is a recipe in the description box, second flour. Mix well to the sides and bottom of the bowl.
3. Butter temperature: 55C~60C ( 130F~140F). If you do not have strawberry liqueur, you can substitute Kirsch or rum. Kirsch is cherry wine. Cut the sponge cake into 4 pieces.
4. I will make a cream that goes well with strawberries. Don’t forget the salt . 65C~70C ( 150F~158F). Whip until 25C in summer and 30C in winter. On hot days, use ice water, add butter little by little while. Whip for 8-10 minutes until smooth.
5. If the cream is smooth, add melted chocolate. If you don’t have chocolate, you can omit it. However, please increase the amount of sugar to 210g. Add liqueur for a fresh strawberry flavor. You can substitute the same amount with lemon juice, adding lemon juice makes the cream really refreshing. let’s finish the cake.
6. Apply syrup. Please do preliminary icing, 30 minutes in the refrigerator. I’m planning on doing two-tone icing. Set aside 130g for the outer icing, make a pretty pink color. Icing with pink color cream, 1 hour in the refrigerator. Apply the white cream you put on, spread it thinly. Use a comb-patterned scraper to shape it. I used strawberry chips. Strawberry chips are dried strawberries after freezing. Decorating with fresh strawberries is also pretty.