I made a watermelon-shaped mousse cake with a whole watermelon inside! In the red layer, watermelon juice is added to give the watermelon flavor and taste, and the whole watermelon is added to add a crunchy texture. Decorating with chocolate chips is fun because it is shaped like a cute watermelon. It is a mousse cake that can be eaten cool on a hot summer day.
– Cake sheet
4 Egg white
Green food coloring
4 Egg yolk
1/2ts Vanilla extract
110g Cake flour
1/2ts Baking powder
40g Melted butter
– Mousse cream
200g Mascarpone Cheese
6g Leaf gelatine
150g Whipped cream
120g Watermelon juice + 15g Sugar
2g Leaf gelatine
Red food coloring
1. Whip the egg whites in a bowl. When large bubbles appear, add sugar in 2~3 times and whip, then add green food coloring and whip.
2. Divide the egg yolks one by one and whip them, then add vanilla extract and whip.
3. Sift 1/2 of the soft flour and baking powder and mix.
4. Sift the remaining powder and mix, then pour a little dough into the melted butter and milk mixture and mix.
5. Add (4) to this dough, mix, pan in an oven pan, remove air bubbles, and bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30~35 minutes.
6. Cool the finished sheet completely, slice 2 sheets, and print them out in 12cm, 15cm molds.
7. Put mascarpone cheese in a bowl, loosen gently, add sugar and mix, then add melted gelatin and mix.
8. Add whipped cream and mix.
9. Lay a 15cm cake sheet on the bottom of the mousse mold, add mousse cream, flatten it, and harden it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
10. Add watermelon juice, sugar and red food coloring to the remaining mousse cream and mix.
11. Place a 12cm sheet and 12cm cut watermelon on the hardened mousse, pour mousse cream and harden in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
12. Decorate the red part with chocolate chips.