The sugar dome on top of the pretty tart was fantastic. It was raining all day on the day of filming, so it was a little difficult to make a dome with sugar, but after making it, it felt so pretty. I made a twisted pattern on the side of the tart. To make the pattern come to life, I tested different doughs and tested the way they were made several times. It was a process to make it easier and prettier, but it was a bit difficult because my physical condition was not good. This time, I filled the inside with Vanilla Crème Diplomate. Crème Diplomate is a cream made by mixing whipped cream with patissier cream. The flavor of vanilla bean and sweet fruit are in perfect harmony with this tart.
● Pie dough
( Mold size: 10cm / 5ea )
250 g all-purpose flour (1 cup + 3/4 cup)
150g unsalted butter (1/2 cup + 3Tbsp)
55g water (3Tbsp + 2tsp)
6g sugar (1/2Tbsp)
1 g of salt
♥ Rich Vanilla Crème Diplomate
15 g sugar ( 1 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp)
8 g cornstarch ( 1 Tbsp )
100g milk (1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp)
1/2 vanilla bean
30g sweetened condensed milk ( 2 Tbsp )
120g heavy cream (1/2 cup)
♥ Isomalt 180g (1 cup)
(Sugar 150g , Water 40g, Starch Syrup or Glucose 100g)
Add the above 3 ingredients and boil to 150C (302F).
♥ Egg Wash
Egg: milk = 4:1 mix.
♥ White Chocolate
Strawberry, Kiwi, Orange, Mango…,
♥ Make a daisy flower decoration for decoration
1. This is a 3mm thick pie dough, cut it 1cm wide. Braid in 3 rows. I work hard… I try to braid it beautifully.
2. Apply oil to the mold, then the mold will separate well. I used a 10cm mold and anything else is fine. Be sure to press the connection part. Press lightly to loosen the seams after baking. Cut into 7.5cm or 8cm. Place the frame on the floor and spin it round and round. Then the dough goes in easily. 30 minutes in the freezer.
3. Lay out the paper and place a pressing stone on it. I used mixed grains that I had at home for the pressing stones. Bake at 195C ( 383F) for 20 minutes.
4. The first step in making Vanilla DIPLOMAT Cream, mix well. If you don’t have starch, you can substitute with wheat flour, add lukewarm milk.a dd vanilla bean. Bring to a boil over medium heat, boil until thickened.
5. Let cool. Add condensed milk, be careful as the condensed milk will separate if you add it while it’s hot. Add vanilla bean as well. Let it cool.
6. In the meantime, it was baked. Apply egg wash. I made the egg to milk ratio 4:1. Apply evenly on the inside and outside. Bake at 160C (320F) for 8~10 minutes.
7. Chocolate makes it crispy even after a day.
8. Filter it through a sieve. The heavy cream was whipped to 80% volume. I really like the vanilla flavor. The delicious smell seems to make you feel good.
9. Squeeze a little cream. Squeeze of your favorite jams. I chose the triple berry jam. 🍓🍇🍋 Put your favorite fruit on top. In the refrigerator.
10. I made a sugar dome using Isomalt. Unlike sugar, Isomalt does not brown. The isomalt is completely dissolved, and boil it to 190C. (347F) And it is resistant to moisture. So it is often used in sugar crafts. Please turn it round and round.
11. I poured about 2 tbsp. If there is any leftover, pour it back into the pot. Let it cool.
12. As soon as you remove the sugar dome, place it on top of the tart. Every time I moved it, I got a handprint. You have to cut the dalgona according to the shape, Sugar domes should be cracked with a spoon. It feels like some kind of stress is released.