I made a castella cake with plenty of red ripe and delicious strawberries! I think it is a cake that you can eat softly and fully enjoy the strawberries in season when you eat it with honey and a moist and flavorful castella filled with fresh cream mixed with fresh strawberries. It is easy to bake and you can lightly apply cream, so you can make it cute and eat it without any special icing technique. And how delicious is the taste? The strawberry flavor fills the cake, and my eyes close when I take one bite.
▶Mold size: 16cm.
2g Vanilla extract
35g Unsalted butter
105g Cake flour
2g Baking powder
200g Heavy cream
50g Condensed milk
1. Add sugar, honey, and vanilla extract to the eggs, mix, and place on a pot of hot water, stirring, and simmer until the temperature reaches 40 degrees.
2. Remove the bowl from the pot, put the bowl of unsalted butter and milk on top, melt it, and whip the egg to make fine and rich foam.
3. Divide the soft flour and baking powder into 2 batches, sift and mix, add a little bit of melted unsalted butter and milk, mix, then add to the main dough and mix.
4. Pour it into a 16cm square mold, flatten it, and bake it in an oven preheated to 160 degrees for 35 minutes, then take it out of the mold and cool it.
5. Use chopsticks to make holes in the top of the cooled cake.
6. Add condensed milk to cold whipped cream and whip until horns stand. Put 100g in another bowl, add cut strawberries to the remaining cream, mix, put in a piping bag, squeeze the hole into the cake, and fill the cake with cream.
7. Naturally apply the remaining cream on the top and decorate with strawberries.