I made a chewy jelly with plenty of fresh pomegranate. It contains a lot of pomegranate juice, so it is fragrant and has a beautiful color. It is not a soft jelly, but a very chewy jelly. I wanted to make it two-tone, so I hardened the transparent layers together, but I added a little bit of lemon juice because the color would become cloudy if I added too much lemon juice. It’s pretty even with sugar, but I think it’s easy to store as they are separated from each other even if you omit them. It had a lot of fruity taste, so it was really delicious!
Mold size : 22cm x 17cm.
100g Pomegranate juice
60g Starch syrup
10g Lemon juice
30g Starch syrup
1. Put the pomegranate in a blender, grind it, and filter it through a sieve.
2. Add gelatin to cold water and soak until it becomes soft.
3. Put the pomegranate juice, sugar, and starch syrup in a pot and boil it until it thickens slightly. Remove from the heat, squeeze the water from the soaked gelatin, and mix until the gelatin is dissolved.
4. Dip the mold in a little oil and wipe it with a kitchen towel to coat it, then pour the jelly mixture through a sieve into the mold and let it harden in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
5. Put water, lemon juice, sugar, and starch syrup in a pot and boil it until it thickens slightly. Remove from heat, squeeze the water from the soaked gelatin, and mix until the gelatin is dissolved.
6. Pour it down through a sieve on the hardened pomegranate jelly and let it harden in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove the jelly from the mold, cut it and coat with sugar.