I made a Nutella cheesecake with a roll cake covered with Nutella. It looks simple on the outside, but when you cut it, a fun-shaped cross-section comes out and catches the eye. I thought it would be interesting to make a cheesecake with a roll cake, so I made it, but I think it came out well. When eating a cake, if you eat it with a roll cake, it is not flat and it feels good to float. I also added Nutella to the cheesecake, so it had a good flavor and had a slightly chewy texture.
▶Mold size: 15cm × 7cm.
1 Egg yolk
1g Vanilla extract
10g Vegetable oil
20g Cake flour
Meringue (1 egg white + 20g sugar + 1g corn starch)
200g Cream cheese
2g Vanilla extract
4g Gelatin sheet
120g Whipped cream (whipped up 50%)
80g Whipping cream
2g Gelatin sheet
40g Whipped cream (+4g sugar)
Chocolate sponge cake sheet
1. Add sugar and vanilla extract to egg yolk and mix. Add milk and vegetable oil and mix.
2. Sift the soft flour and mix, divide the meringue into 2 batches, mix, place in a 22.5 cm square, flatten, bake in an oven preheated to 170 degrees for 10 minutes, and cool.
3. Cut both sides of the cooled roll cake sheet, apply Nutella and whipped cream, roll it around, wrap it in parchment paper, and freeze it in the freezer for 1 hour.
4. Soften the cream cheese, add Nutella and vanilla extract and mix.
5. Remove the moisture from gelatin soaked in cold water for about 10 minutes, microwave it for about 10 seconds to dissolve it completely, then add it to step (3) and mix.
6. Add 50% whipped cream, mix, pour a little into a 15cm mold with chocolate sponge cake sheet, and harden in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
7. Cut the hardened roll cake and put it on top of the hardened cheesecake, then pour all the remaining cheesecake batter, flatten it, and let it harden in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
8. Heat Nutella and whipped cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds, add melted gelatin, mix, pour over the hardened cheesecake and harden in the freezer for about 30 minutes.