Let’s make a delicious coffee bun.
Makes 10 buns
7g Instant Dry Yeast
– Mocha mixture:
3 tsp instant coffee
2 tsp water
1. Add 110ml Water and 7g Instant dry yeast into a bowl and mix. Then add 100ml Milk and 35g Sugar and mix. Add 350g flour and fold.
2 . Knead lightly then cover with plastic wrap for 15 min.
3. After 15min, sprinkle your hands and the surface with flour. Add 20g butter on the dough and knead well until the butter is combined with the dough.
4. Then slap the dough on the counter for 5-7 minutes till smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave for about 1 hour till it has doubled in size.
5. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces and smooth the dough into balls. Cover w/ plastic wrap and leave for 15 min.
6. Flatten the dough then add 5g of butter in the middle of each ball and form into a ball. Cover w/ plastic wrap and wait for 1 hour.
7. Mix 3 teaspoons of instant coffee powder with 2 tsp of water. Add 60g of softened butter and 60g of sugar into another bowl and mix until combined.
8. Add in 1 egg yolk and mix and then add in 1 egg white and mix well. Add in the coffee mixture. Sift in 70g of flour and fold.
9. Put into a piping bag and pipe the mixture over the buns in a spiral shape until it covers the top of the bun.
10. Bake at 170-180 c for 12-14min depending on your oven.