I made a no-oven cheesecake with lime, which is refreshing and makes me feel good.Lime is sourer than lemon and has a stronger flavor, so it is not used as often as lemon, but it has a pretty color and is a good ingredient to use when you want to eat a refreshing dessert. I made lime curd and hardened it and put it in the cheesecake, but if I put lime zest, the flavor is strong, but when I eat it, it gets chewy. If you don’t like the chewy texture or want a softer cheesecake, you can omit the lime zest. As you can see, it tastes really fresh, so it’s a cheesecake that’s good to eat without feeling greasy.
_ Lime curd _
18g Corn starch
60g Lime juice
17g Unsalted butter
1/2 Lime zest
1 Egg yolk
_ Crust _
80g Crushed Digestive cookie
40g Melted unsalted butter
_ Cream cheese filling _
200g Cream cheese
35g Plain Yogurt
2g Vanilla extract
5g Lime juice
5g Gelatin sheet (or Powdered gelatin)
120g Whipped cream (whipped 50%)
1. Put sugar, cornstarch, water and lime juice in a pot and heat until thickened, then add unsalted butter and lime zest and mix.
2. Add egg yolk, mix, put in a 12cm mold, flatten, and harden in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
3. Mix the crushed Daize cookie and melted unsalted butter, press firmly on the bottom of the 15cm mold to shape it and put it in the refrigerator.
4. Soften the cream cheese, add sugar, plain yogurt, vanilla extract, and lime juice and mix.
5. Remove the moisture from gelatin soaked in cold water for about 10 minutes, melt it in the microwave for 10 seconds, put it in the cheese filling, mix, add whipped cream and mix.
6. Pour about 2/5 of the filling into the mold and let it harden in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, then place the hardened lime curd in the center, pour in all the remaining filling and let it harden for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
7. Garnish with whipped cream, lime and lime zest.