I made a hurricane swiss roll cake with a unique pattern. I saw it on overseas SNS and it looked so interesting and fun, so I made it. The point is to pan the dough, stir it up and down, and stir it from side to side to make a pattern and bake it. I think it would be better to use the back side of the stirrer or the back side of a small spatula. The sheet dough has few large bubbles and has a high density, making it a moist and soft cake. You can put various creams inside the sandwich, but when it’s hot, I apply ganache that can be used immediately, roll it up, shape it while it’s hot, and cool it in the refrigerator. I was looking forward to it while making it, and I think it was a fun and new baking.
▶Mold size : 22.5cm x 22.5cm.
4 Egg yolks
1/2ts Vanilla extract
40g Vegetable oil
75g Cake flour
Meringue (4 egg whites + 60g sugar)
10g Cocoa powder
20g Warm milk
Ganache (60g chocolate + 30g whipping cream)
1. Add sugar and vanilla extract to egg yolk and mix, then add vegetable oil and milk and mix.
2. Sift the soft flour and mix. Divide the meringue into 3 portions and mix.
3. Transfer 2/5 of the dough to another bowl, mix cocoa powder and warm milk, put it into the dough, and mix.
4. Put the white dough in the pan and flatten it. Squeeze the chocolate dough with a piping bag, stir it up and down, stir it on both sides, and bake it in an oven preheated to 170 degrees for 20~22 minutes.
5. Remove parchment paper, apply ganache on the white part, roll it using parchment paper, and cool it in the refrigerator.