This time, it’s a Red velvet Cupcake video. These are really, really good, moist and soft red velvet cupcakes. There seems to be no one who will not like this taste. Filled with red raspberry jam here. I also made meringue ghosts that is perfect for a Halloween party. They are not scary, but very cute ghosts. It’s easy to make, so give it a try.
♥︎ Meringue Ghosts
60g egg whites
♥︎12 Red velvet Cupcakes (⌀4.5cm(bottom size)paper cup)
148g cake flour
10g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp red powder coloring (or 1 tsp gel coloring)
75g milk + 8g vinegar (or 83g buttermilk)
1 egg (52g)
1 egg yolk (18g)
40g espresso coffee (or hot water 40g + instant coffee 1g)
5g vanilla bean paste (or 8g vanilla extract)
2.5g baking soda
1) When adding red yeast rice powder
124g cake flour
22g red yeast rice flour
10g cocoa powder
Very little coloring or omit.
The rest of the ingredients are the same.
2) If you don’t drink coffee,
substitute 36g milk + 4g vinegar (or 40g buttermilk) for coffee.
♥︎ Raspberry Jam
170g raspberry (fresh or frozen)
2g corn starch
♥︎ Cream Cheese Frosting (12 cupcakes)
400g cream cheese
176g heavy cream
1. Let’s make the meringue ghosts in advance. Because it takes a long time. Mix the egg whites with sugar and heat them in boiling water on the double boiler.And while it warms up, keep stirring.
2. It stops when the temperature of the egg white reaches 55℃. If you don’t have a thermometer, you can just put your finger in it. a ittle hot. No need to worry. Your fingers will fine. If it was that hot, the whites would have cooked already.
3. Whip on medium speed for about more 5 minutes. High speed makes the meringue quicker, but big bubbles can easily deflate. The meringue is very firm and smooth and shiny.
4. Place parchment paper on the oven pan and pipe the little ghosts. The parchment paper was attached to the pan with a meringue to prevent it from flying in the oven. Bake in an oven preheated to 80 degrees for 90-100 minutes. Depending on your oven, you can extend the time. The meringue should be dried fully for a long time at a low temperature. Melt the coated chocolate and draw the eyes.
5. Add all the powdered ingredients and mix. I used powdered food coloring. For gel color, it is recommended to add 1 tsp. Red velvet cakes are usually need buttermilk. Beat the eggs well. Butter is also soft at room temperature. Add sugar to the lightly loosen butter and mix. Cream for about 2 minutes.
6. Add 1/3 of eggs and cream enough for at least 20 seconds at a time. Add the last egg and cream thoroughly for 2 minutes. It increases in volume and turns pale. Add 1/3 of the powdered ingredients and mix. When the powder is no longer visible, add 1/2 of the milk and vinegar mixture. After adding the liquid ingredients, mix well to ensure that the batter is mixed thoroughly. Add 1/3 of the flour again and repeat with all the remaining milk, the liquid ingredients should be sufficiently mixed.
7. Now add all the rest of the powder and mix then add the coffee. Now, vanilla bean paste.Finally, mix vinegar and baking soda together. When the foam comes to a boil, quickly add it to the dough. You did a good job. Now mixing is done.
8. Line the muffin pan with parchment paper and scoop the batter. The diameter of the base of the parchment paper is 4.5 cm. Fill up each cup about 60% high.
9. After taking it out of the oven, let it cool for a while and remove it from the pan. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
10. Next is raspberry jam that goes perfectly with red velvet cupcakes. Pre-mix the starch with the sugar. Then the starch won’t clump. Bring to a boil over medium heat. When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8-9 minutes. Sieve and filter the seeds. Place in a cool place to cool completely.
11. Use cold cream cheese. First, loosen it with a spatula. When it is slightly loosened, add sugar and continue. When it soft, whip at medium speed with a hand mixer.
12. It is chilled heavy cream that is put in the freezer and covered with thin ice. First, mix only 1/3. Again, add 1/3 of it and whip well enough. Mix all the last remaining cream. Take half of the frosting you made. Mix raspberry jam. Add some pink food coloring. It can be omitted.
13. Place the piping bags each containing the two frostings into one piping bag. Make sure both creams come out at the same time. And put it in the refrigerator before use. Dig out the middle of the cupcakes. I dug only half the height of the cupcakes. Fill with raspberry jam. Top with cream cheese frosting. Red jam in a red cupcake… It’s just so good!