Strawberries are in season now, so let’s make strawberry macaroons today.
65g egg white
70g granulated sugar
70g almond flour
70g powdered sugar
150℃ 13 min. small macaroons
24 min. large macaroons
Crème à la rose
2 egg whites
100g granulated sugar
230g unsalted butter
Rose aroma and essence
*Need to adjust the amount.
2 egg yolks
40g granulated sugar
Raspberries, pomegranates, etc.
1. Macaron .Warm up the egg white and granulated sugar at 50 ° C and add the food colouring to make a meringue.
2. Add the grind almonds from 1) and powdered sugar, then mix it with a rubber spatula. Mix until just before the traces of dropping the dough disappear slowly.
3. Fill a pastry bag with 2) and squeeze the dough into a 15 cm circle. Make small macaroons with the remaining dough.
4. Piled up two oven plates. Bake at 150 ° C for small macaroons for 13 minutes and 150 ° C for large macaroons for 24 minutes.
5. Rose cream. Warm up the egg white and granulated sugar to 50 ° C to make a meringue. Microwave the unsalted butter to about 25 ° C and add the aroma of the rose. I added 1 tablespoon of aroma in the video, but adjust the amount depending on the manufacturer and type.
6. Add slightly warm milk to a mixture of egg yolk and granulated sugar and return to the pot. Heat to 80 ° C while mixing the bottom of the pot well, and whisk with an electric whipper.
7. Add 6) to unsalted butter little by little, mix well, and add the meringue.
* Please note that butter and 6) will separate if it’s cold.
8. Assemble with macaron, cream and strawberries.
Macaroons become moist when put in the refrigerator for about half a day to keep them from drying. Harden the remaining cream in a container with strawberries. If you cool the cream down in the refrigerator and then reheat it, the bubbles will disappear and the cream will not melt in your mouth.