I made an egg tart with soft custard inside a crispy pie. The crispy, layered pie sheet is savory and has a good texture, so it tastes really good when eaten with moist custard. When baking in the oven, after about 30 minutes, the color of the top begins to burn, so watch carefully and adjust the time so that it does not burn too much. It swells up and subsides as it cools, creating a beautiful shape. It’s a taste that makes you happy when you take a full bite~ It’s like a devilish dessert that keeps getting your hands on once you eat it.
▶Mold size: About 8 pieces of 7cm×5cm x 3cm.
195g Cake flour
135g Cold unsalted butter
45g Cold water
3 Egg yolks
10g Corn starch
200g Whipping cream
1/8ts Vanilla bean paste
1. Add cold unsalted butter to the soft flour and use a scraper to mix the flour and butter until they are small in size.
2. Add sugar and salt to cold water, mix, put in (1), form a light mass, wrap in plastic wrap, and rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Add sugar to egg yolk and mix, add cornstarch and mix, then add hot cream, milk, and vanilla bean paste and mix.
4. Sift through a sieve and place in the refrigerator.
5. Roll out the rested pie paper and repeat the fold 3 fold 3 times, wrap in cling wrap and rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Spread out the rested pie paper, cut it with a 10cm cutter, shape it in a muffin tin, pan it, and make a hole in the bottom with a fork.
7. Fill the filling to about 90% and bake in an oven preheated to 190 degrees for about 35 minutes.