The soft egg covers spam rice ball. It is really delicious. You can change the ingredients of rice balls and make your own rice balls with your favorite ingredients. If you do not have mirin (a sweet rice wine) when making eggs, you can skip mirin and add a little more sugar. Rice balls can be made in simpler and various ways. If you leave both spam and seasoned seaweed out, add a little more salt and 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil. It is also delicious to make rice balls with only rice, a little salt, and the seasoned seaweed.
1.5 Bowls of steamed rice
1. 100g spam, green onion.You can use parsley instead or you can just skip it.
2. 3 Eggs + 1 Tablespoon of Mirin (A sweet rice wine) + 2 tablespoons of milk + 1/2 Tablespoon of Sugar + 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
3. Low heat. Cooking oil, 1/2 of Egg mixture. Draw the sides of the eggs to the center. Poke it gently to cook to the top. The remaining egg mixture (1/2).
4. Spam. Remove the excess oil from the Spam with paper towel.
5. 1.5 bowl of steamed rice. A little bit of salt (You can skip it). Cut the egg after it is cooled a little bit, put the ends of egg (about 1/3) into the rice. Spam and Seasoned seaweed.(You can cut it neatly with scissors.). I prefer to crush it with hands. It is faster. 1/2 Tablespoon of Toasted sesame seeds.
6. Dried seaweed, cut. Make rice ball. Press with two fingers. Egg , dried seaweed. Wrap it upto the sides of egg with the dried seaweed. Green onion (Optional). Wow! It’s done!!