Today I’m really excited to share a recipe with you that’s one of my family’s favorites and has a lot of meaning for me. It’s bread rolls, You might think that this recipe has nothing to do with Korean food, but it’s something many Koreans make at home. This is one of my family’s favorites and brings back good memories for me, when I used to make these as a snack for my children when they came home from school. They were so happy to smell and see the rolls when they got home, I never forgot the looks on their faces and it makes me smile, even today.
150g strong flour (bread flour)
20g cream cheese (can be substituted for unsalted butter)
1. 80g milk + 3g yeast, mix well.
2. 20g cream cheese + 20g sugar + 2g salt, likewise mix. Add yeasted milk and stir well3. Add150g strong flour (bread flour). Roughly knead it into a ball with a spatula.
4. Now I’m going to knead it by hand (7 minutes). Cover and ferment in a warm place to double in size (about 1 hour).
5. Make a rectangle shape with a rolling pin ( about 17cm x 50cm ).
6. 15g cream cheese + 10g sugar. I’ll roll it, roll it lightly. Divide by 6 make it round. Put it in the muffin tin. Fermented to double in size in the oven.
7. 1 egg + 1 tbsp water. Now i have to bake. In a preheated oven at 170°C (325°F) for 18 minutes. I did it!! Sweet and deep flavor!