Hello, everyone! Today’s recipe is a chocolate wreath cake that is perfect for a Christmas cake. The last time many of you asked me to upload the wreath cake recipe for Christmas. This recipe is a butter cake batter base with meringue. It is a chocolate cake with a super soft and melt-in-the-mouth texture. I made a new recipe with a different method and ingredients from the previous chocolate pound cake or Gateau Chocolat that I uploaded the other day.
▶Ingredients (for 6 cup burnt mold)
[Chocolate Wreath Cake]
140g Unsalted butter
45g sugar (A)
1 g salt
3g vanilla extract
50g whole eggs
70g egg yolks
155g dark couverture (55% cacao content)
50g cake flour
60g almond flour
75g egg white
30g sugar (B)
1) Lightly beat the butter at room temperature.
2) Add sugar (A) and salt and whip until the color becomes bright and the volume increases by 1.5 times.
3) Whip while adding room temperature eggs, yolks and vanilla extract in several batches.
4) Add dark chocolate that has been melted and cooled to about 30 degrees Celcius(82 F) and mix.
5) Add sifted flour and almond powder and mix.
6) Whip the whites and sugar(B) to make a firm peak meringue.
7) Bake it in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celcius(338 F) for about 40 minutes.
* Convection oven: 160 degrees Celcius for 40 minutes
* Baking time and temperature may vary depending on oven performance.
– 70g dark couverture chocolate (55% cacao content)
– 70g heavy cream
1) Heat the cream until just before it boils.
2) Add dark couverture chocolate, wait 2-3 minutes, and stir slowly from the center to make the ganache.
3) When the ganache is slightly cooled and thickened, sprinkle it on the cake.
(If the cake is hot or the temperature of the ganache is too high, it will flow thinly like water and it will not look pretty. If you cool the cake completely and cool it, then drop the temperature of the ganache slightly before spraying it to make it more beautiful).