This cake is a Christmas cake. After putting red velvet biscuits around the cake, It has plenty of strawberries and filled with diploma cream and white chocolate cream which goes really well with the strawberries. I planted Christmas tree cookie as we call it stained glass cookies. It just looks like real Christmas with the golden chocolate balls. You can see the video of making chocolate balls.
There are too many processes to make. But since it’s Christmas, you will love it. I do too.
♥︎Christmas Tree Cookies (25 tree cookies)
2g vanilla extract
120g cake flour
Fruits candies as you needed
♥︎ Biscuit Sheet
44g egg yolks
22g vegetable oil
4g vanilla extract
47g cake flour
4g cocoa powder
Red food coloring (about 1 tsp of gel coloring)
87g egg white + 55g sugar
♥︎ Pastry Cream
2 egg yolks
17g cake flour
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
♥︎ Diploma cream
110g pastry cream
110g heavy cream
♥︎ Topping cream
24g white chocolate + 10g heavy cream
37g whipped cream
Tree shape cookie cutter 6.6×5.5cm
Round tip 805, 803
11 small strawberries
Golden Chocolate Balls (how to make — https://youtu.be/TleSoEy__mo)
1. Finely crush the red, green, and yellow fruit-flavored candy. You need small amount.
2. Cream the butter, use butter that has been softened at room temperature. Add sugar and a little salt and continue creaming. Beat the eggs well in two or three portions and cream them. The more creamy it is, the softer the cookies will be. Add the sifted flour and mix with a spatula.
3. When the flour is completely mixed, knead it by hand, at this time, knead it smoothly, but not too much. Put it in a plastic bag and roll it out into a square. This makes it easier to roll and cleaner.Put in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. Sprinkle flour on the work surface and roll it out even thinner. Press it thinly to a thickness of 3-4mm. These cookies need to be baked short to keep their color bright. So it has to be thin enough to cook. Make a hole with a round tip. 3-4 holes are suitable, place crushed candy. It is better to crush the candies a little finely.
5. In the meantime, if the dough is getting warm and mushy ,put it in the refrigerator for a while to harden and bake. Bake till the color is not dark, and you need to adjust the temperature and time depending on the oven. Because it is baked shortly, let cool on a hot oven pan.
6. Now make the biscuit sheet, add egg yolk, sugar and liquid ingredients and mix. Add the sifted cake flour and cocoa powder and mix. Cocoa powder is easy to clump, so it is good to sieve it before adding it. I used a gel-type food coloring.
7. While whipping the egg whites, if foam comes up like beer bubble, add 1/3 of the sugar. Raise the meringue, adding 1/3 of the sugar every 30 seconds. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the batter and mix well.
When see the little meringue trail , add another 1/3. Add the last meringue and mix with a spatula, scrape the bottom of the ball to make sure even mixing.
8. After panning, smooth the top surface. When baking, place the oven sheet under the biscuit pan and bake so that the color is even. When the sheet has cooled sufficiently, cut it to the required size. The width is 6 cm. A round sheet with a diameter of 12 cm is also prepared. Once it’s all in, let it sit for a while. You can also cover it with a wrap to keep it from drying out.
9. Soak gelatin in ice water for about 10 minutes. To make the Diploma Cream, make the pastry cream first. Mix the yolk with sugar thoroughly, then mix with cake flour.
10. Heat milk and vanilla bean paste in a saucepan, turn off the heat when it starts to boil slightly. Pour little by little into the yolk mixture stirring with a whisk. Then pour it back into the pan, and boil it over low heat because it is a small amount. Continue to stir so that the bottom does not scorched. When the bubbles popped, stir a bit more and then remove from the heat.
11. What I’m holding in my hand is soaked gelatin, squeezed out tightly, and then melted in a microwave.Add some of warm pastry cream to it and mix, after mixing evenly, cool to 27 degrees. Add whipped cream with sugar in two parts and mix. Diplomat Cream is complete.
12. Little strawberries. I trimmed it to about 4cm high. Spread a small amount of Diploma Cream on the bottom, place strawberries. Now fill with Diplomat cream enough to cover the strawberries. Place in the refrigerator until the top hardens.
13. Add heavy cream to white chocolate and melt on hot water pan. You can melt it in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time. Add soaked in ice water and squeezed gelatin to dissolve it.Cool to 27 degrees.
14. Mix whipped cream. Decorate golden chocolate balls. Links to how to make it are in the description box. Strawberry and Diplomat cream are a fantastic combination. Cookies have a special taste because of the fruity candy.