I made a chocolate crepe roll cake with a pretty cross-section by rolling up the chocolate crepe. I use a square pan, so it’s good to hold the shape and roll it up. When rolling the crepe, apply a thin layer of cream and do not make it denser than you think. It is better to use whipped cream thinner than expected to work. I used about 8 crepes to make it, and even if I wanted to make it thicker, I thought it would be difficult to roll it up. It tastes like a crepe cake, but it has a different shape, so I was able to enjoy it in a different way.
▶Mold size: 20cm x 23cm.
a pinch of Salt
2g Vanilla extract
120g Cake flour
10g Cocoa powder
45g Melted unsalted butter
Whipped cream (250g whipping cream + 25g sugar)
1. Mix the eggs with sugar and salt, then sift the soft flour and cocoa powder and mix.
2. Add 1/2 of milk and mix. Add all remaining milk and mix, then add melted butter and mix.
3. After sieving, ferment at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
4. Pour the dough into a pan greased with cooking oil, spread it out without any empty space, and when bubbles rise, turn it over to cook a little more, bake repeatedly, and cool completely.
5. Place 2 crepes on parchment paper with only the ends slightly overlapping each other, apply whipped cream thinly, and roll. Repeat.
6. Wrap in parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to harden and cut.