I made a dessert that combines flan and castella cake this time. I added mascarpone to the flan and put espresso on the castella cake as the finishing touch. This is one of my favourites.
It’s difficult to bake this recipe, so please note the following 4 points.
・All ingredients should be at room temperature
・Bring the milk to a boil
・Bake in an oven while the flan is warm
・Pour boiling water
➢Glass(200ml) – for 4 cakes
20g hot water
1 egg yolk
2 egg whites
1 egg yolk
Heat in a water-bath
1. First, I’m making a flan caramel. Eggs and mascarpone are used at room temperature. You can use cream cheese instead of mascarpone. Mix the boiling milk.(If the liquid of this flan is cold, it won’t harden when baked.) Use boiled milk and both eggs and mascarpone at room temperature.
2. Make a castella cake batter. Add sugar little by little. Separate the flour 2 times and then put it in. Mix warm milk and butter.
3. Pour the flan into glasses.
4. Place the castella batter on top. Heat it in a water-bath, put boiling water in it.(Please note that if the water is hot enough, the flan won’t harden.If you give a shock to the castella while it’s hot, it won’t easily wither.)
5. Put it in the fridge once it has cooled down. Soak the castella cake with espresso. Of course, it’s delicious without espresso too.