I made biscuit scones with the golden ratio by collecting only the strengths of biscuits and scones. It’s not too sweet, so it’s delicious to eat with jam. Since it is moderately sweet, I made it into biscuit scones that are delicious to eat as they are. It was sweet and savory, so I wanted to keep eating it. The scone dough is more delicious only if you mix it slowly without kneading it hard.
[8pieces, 6cm in diameter]
300g Soft flour (or all purpose flour)
3g (1tsp) Salt
40g (4Tbsp) Sugar
6g (2tsp) Baking powder
100g Cold unsalted butter
60ml Cold milk
60ml Cold heavy cream
A little milk (for applying before baking / egg wash available)
1. 300g Soft flour, 3g (1tsp) Salt, 6g (2tsp) Baking powder, 40g (4Tbsp) Sugar. After mixing the powders well + 100g Cold unsalted butter. Add the finely chopped butter then coated with flour. Cut the butter into 2~3mm pieces and mix. If your hands are too hot, the butter will melt. Cut the butter with a scraper like this. If you have cold hands, you can split it with your hands like this.
2. If the large lump of butter disappears and becomes the size of a grain of rice, make a hole in the middle. 60ml Cold heavy cream, 60ml Cold milk. Pour in half of the cream and milk, then mix. Mix carefully with the flour.Do not knead like making bread, but mix lightly. Add the rest of the cream and milk. If you knead too much, be careful as it will not swell or become hard.
3. Now pour the dough on a flat surface. Gather the powder and make it into a lump. If you press it while collecting the powder, it becomes a lump. Cut the dough in half and put it on top, press and unfold. If you do this process 2-3 times, the dough quickly becomes one, and when baked, a beautiful texture is formed. The finished dough.
4. After sealing, ferment in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Can be aged for up to 24 hours.
5. 1 hour later, sprinkle with flour. After pressing. Cut with a knife or take a shape with a circular frame (6cm) about 2 cm thick. Gently collect the remaining dough without kneading. If there are any leftovers, collect them and shape them. The last dough is just rolled up and finished.
6. Milk (or egg wash). If you want a darker brown color when baked, apply egg wash.
7. Now transfer to an oven preheated to 190°C (374°F). Bake at 190°C (374°F) for 20 minutes (may vary depending on oven specifications).If it’s cracked like this, it’s well-baked.
– It can be substituted with all purpose flour instead of soft flour.
– You can substitute 1 egg instead of fresh cream. (more moist texture)
– If you want a dark brown color when baked, apply egg wash on the top.
– The flour does not taste like flour when baked after a rest period.
– If it tastes like flour even after it has been baked after a rest period, it is undercooked.