This is a coffee buns recipe that is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Coffee buns straight out of the oven are crispy on the outside and delicious. There is no need to lengthen the kneading time, and it is very easy if you do it yourself. It’s really delicious, so make sure to try it. You can use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour. I used a large egg, and the weight is 64g including the shell. Salted butter can be used for filling, but it is difficult to control salt in the dough, so use unsalted. The filling can be applied by changing it to cream cheese, etc. Be sure to cool the coffee dissolved water before use. If you make coffee toppings in advance, the butter may melt, so keep it refrigerated before use. It is best to ferment the dough in a pot of warm water. (Change the water when it cools down). You can also do it in the air fryer. Set the temperature lower than the oven.Store leftover bread in the freezer, then thaw at room temperature and then bake in the oven at 160℃~170℃ for 10 minutes to enjoy crispy again.
[6 pieces/ Diameter 10cm]
✤ Bread Dough
200g Bread flour (1cup and 1/3cup)
100ml Warm milk
28g Half an egg
25g(2tbsp) Room temperature unsalted butter
4g(0.8tbsp) Instant dry yeast
✤ Coffee Topping
36g(3tbsp) Room temperature unsalted butter
36g (3.6tbsp) Sugar
2 Pinches of salt
28g Half an egg
42g(4tbsp) Bread flour
2g(0.6tbsp) Instant coffee
6g(1tbsp) Warm water
36g(6 pieces of 6g each) Unsalted butter (Salted butter available)
1. 100ml Warm milk + 4g (0.8tbsp) Instant dry yeast + 23g (2.3tbsp) Sugar. Melt the yeast and sugar first.
2. Beat 1 egg, add half (28g) and leave the other half. Then mix together. 200g(1cup and 1/3cup) Bread flour + 2g (0.5tsp) Salt. Coat the flour with salt, mix all together.
3. Now run the portable human hand kneader, if it is well mixed without raw flour + 25g (2tbsp) Room temperature unsalted butter, finally add butter and knead. If the dough is smooth, ferment in a warm place to 2-3 times the size (36℃~38℃).
4. 1 hour later, after the gas has been evacuated. Divide into 6 equal parts, make a round shape. Press it with your hand and flatten it out + 6g unsalted butter (salted butter available), add a piece of butter and pinch. Make it into a ball shape. Ferment at room temperature again to double the size.
5. 2g (0.6tbsp) Instant coffee + 6g (1tbsp) Warm water. After the coffee is melted, let it cool for a while.
6. 36g (3tbsp) Room temperature unsalted butter + 36g (3.6tbsp) Sugar + 2 pinches of salt. Mix sugar and butter first, if it mixes well like cream + 28g half egg, add the remaining half of the egg.
7. Mix gently to avoid foaming the eggs. Pour the cooled coffee mix again. 42g(4tbsp) Bread flour, sift the flour through a sieve and add. Mix again.
8. Finished topping dough with coffee flavor, put the dough into a piping bag. After 30 minutes, the dough doubles in size.
9. Topping the coffee dough in a circle, the diameter of the piping bag hole is 6mm. Leave about 2cm of the end without topping.
10. After moving to an oven preheated to 180°C (356°F). Bake at 180℃ (356℉) for 14 minutes (may vary depending on oven specifications). After cooling down. The taste of double personality is different on the outside and inside, but it’s not guilty because it’s bread. Wow~ Crispy clothes with coffee scent, this is a fantastic taste. It’s crispy and soft, the taste is attacking with a time difference.