It is a flat bread that can be made directly by kneading without fermentation. It has a crunchy and chewy texture and is delicious when dipped in yogurt or curry. If you add vegetable oil to the dough, it becomes softer. I used grapeseed oil for vegetable oil. (regardless of type). The amount of kneading water may vary depending on the flour manufacturer and the humidity of the day, so adjust while kneading. You can use cilantro instead of green onion, or you can use other herbs. It is okay to replace the butter in the garlic sauce with vegetable oil.
[4 pieces of 20cm]
200g(1, 3/4cup) All purpose flour
12g(2tbsp) Vegetable oil (was missing from the video)
12g(2tbsp) Vegetable oil (for applying)
✤ Garlic Sauce
18g (1tbsp) Minced garlic
40g (6tbsp) Melted unsalted butter
Chopped green onion (or cilantro)
1 tsp oregano (optional)
1. Green onion (or cilantro), chop the onion as finely as possible. You can substitute your favorite herbs. 200g(1, 3/4cup) All purpose flour + 2g (0.5tsp) Salt + 120ml Water. Mix well with salt and then knead.
2. Check the state of the dough and add water in portions. If the dough is soft and moist. Knead for 2-3 minutes to soften. Now divide it into 4 equal parts and then. Make it into a round ball shape, 12g (2tbsp) Vegetable oil
3. Transfer 4 dough into a bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining oil and coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and rest for 15 minutes.
4. 40g (6tbsp) Melted unsalted butter + 18g (1tbsp) Minced garlic + 1tsp Oregano (optional). The garlic and butter flavor is very good.
5. After 15 minutes More moist and soft dough. Now straighten it out by hand. It slides easily and spreads well, so it’s really fun. If you apply cooking oil on top of it, it will slide and stretch better
6. Now add garlic sauce. Then sprinkle with chopped green onion. Sprinkle with flour, fold like a pleated skirt. Add garlic butter one more time. Roll it up. Sprinkle flour on the bottom and top to make it stretch well.
7. Another way this time, cut at 1cm intervals overlap one by one. Roll it up and spread it wide
8. Cooking oil, spread the cooking oil evenly. Bake in a hot pan, the stove is on medium heat. Roasted on both sides. Even before eating, I can feel the crunchiness and the savory taste.