I made a chocolate cake with chocolate cream sandwiched on a moist cake sheet. No special icing skills are required and I think it was easy to use without cutting the cake sheet. The ganache spilled as a decoration flows beautifully if you keep the temperature carefully and use it. It is made by adding melted chocolate to Swiss meringue buttercream. The texture of buttercream varies greatly depending on the temperature, but if it is too thin, you can put it in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes and use it cold. The sheet is moist and dense, so you can feel the rich taste.
▶ Mold size : 15cm.
80g Hot water
35g Cocoa powder
2g Vanilla extract
65g Melted unsalted butter
115g All-purpose flour
2g Baking powder
2g Baking soda
2 Egg whites
2g Vanilla extract
150g Unsalted butter
70g Melted dark couverture chocolate
15g Cocoa powder
Ganache (40g chocolate + 30g heavy cream + 7g unsalted butter)
1. Sift cocoa powder into hot water and mix, then add eggs and vanilla extract and mix.
2. Add sugar and milk, mix, add melted unsalted butter, mix, sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix.
3. Divide the dough into two 15cm molds, bake in an oven preheated to 160 degrees for 25 minutes and cool.
4. Add sugar and salt to the egg white, mix, put on boiling water and stir to raise the temperature to 70 degrees.
5. Whip the egg white until it becomes a hard meringue, add vanilla extract and mix.
6. Divide the room temperature soft unsalted butter and whip it until it is softly mixed.
7. Sift cocoa powder and mix.
8. Put one sheet in a 15cm frame, add cream to flatten it, and turn the other sheet upside down.
9. Apply cream on the top, harden in the refrigerator for 1 hour, take it out of the mold, fill the side with cream, apply thinly, icing, and harden in the freezer for 20 minutes.
10. Pour 30-31 degree ganache to decorate.