I made Baumkuchen, a German ring-shaped cake! I can feel the deep flavor compared to other cakes by adding brown butter. I think it’s a really luxurious cake with a pretty shape and a layered look . Since it is baked one layer at a time, you have to keep watching the color next to the oven while baking. Baking time varies depending on machine specifications, so please bake while looking at the color. It’s really luxurious, so I think it would be a great gift too.
▶Frame size: 18cm (No.2 frame).
15ml Vanilla extract
175g Brown butter
75g Cake flour
80g Dark chocolate
40g Fresh cream
2g Plate gelatin
1. Put eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix.
2. Place the bowl filled with dough in hot water, stir with a whipper, and raise the temperature to 53 degrees.
3. Whip the dough using a hand mixer. When rich bubbles appear, add brown butter and whip. (Brown Butter: Butter is simmered over low heat until browned)
4. Sift the soft flour and mix.
5. Put the dough in the mold, pan thin and flat, and bake until golden brown with the grill function. (I baked it for 7 minutes the first time, 3-4 minutes the second time~)
6. After repeatedly baking, place on a cooling rack to cool.
7. Put dark chocolate and whipped cream in a cup and microwave it for 40 seconds to melt it, then add soaked gelatin and mix.
8. Pour (6) on the cake, spread it thinly with a spatula, and harden it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.